This hot Tucson summer is one for the record books – and your air conditioner has been feeling the heat too. The daily, extended use of any air-conditioning system can take a toll. By providing preventive maintenance and upkeep for your air conditioner, you can continue to enjoy a comfortably cooled home without worrying about it failing.
As a homeowner, there are a few things you can do to make sure your air-conditioning system remains in great shape:
- If you have ceiling fans, use them! They can reduce the workload of your air conditioner by circulating the cool air it’s already producing. The additional air circulation will also create a windchill that makes the house feel cooler.
- Focus on efficiency when you set the house’s thermostat. If you keep the temperature set as high as you can without sacrificing comfort, you’ll require less work from your air conditioner. Each degree that you raise the thermostat will save you money and energy.
- Check the outdoor condenser to make sure it is debris free. Tree branches, cut grass, and fallen leaves can collect on the condenser and prevent proper airflow. Make sure to carefully remove any debris from the unit, and consider spraying the unit with a garden hose to fully rinse off the debris and dirt.
- During hot summer days, close your blinds. Energy-efficient curtains and blinds can help to reduce the amount of solar energy absorbed through windows.
- Be proactive and schedule preventive maintenance of your air-conditioning system before a problem occurs. As far as maintenance is concerned, the old adage is true: An ounce of preparation is worth a pound of a cure. Regular maintenance can help you avoid the headaches of a system in need of repair and the costs associated with them.
To schedule preventive maintenance or talk with one of our air-conditioning specialists, call Rite-Way Ventilatingtoday. We’re here to help you avoid costly future repairs with high-quality preventive work.
Our goal is to help educate our customers about energy and home comfort issues (specific to HVAC systems). For more information about air conditioning operational tips and other HVAC topics, download our free Home Comfort Resource guide.
Rite-Way Ventilating Co services Tucson, Marana, Catalina, Oro Valley, Vail, Sahuarita, Green Valley and Tubac, AZ. Visit our website to see our special offers and get started today!